Remember when Hotwire acquired Eastwick? That was over a year ago – and a hell of a lot has happened in the past 365 days. When the acquisition occurred, we brought together two teams with similar values, both with a mission to offer an alternative to the large agency experience.
It’s been a momentous year of change for everyone and, personally for myself, there have been many highlights. The excitement I felt when the deal closed remains as fresh today as it did a year ago. Taking over as Global CEO has allowed me to focus on our vision of becoming the best agency our people and clients will ever work with – a simple statement, but one that binds our borderless team together.
Here’s what we’ve been up to these past twelve months:
• We’ve been out on the road – a lot. First, we took the entire US team to Austin to celebrate the acquisition and then in July we flew the global team to Barcelona. Here’s a glimpse of what makes a Hotwire bootcamp so special.
• Top notch talent continues – in fact, more than two dozen new hires and promotions including that of Alex MacLaverty to COO and Emma Hazan to Head of Global Consumer. And stay tuned, there’s more to come.
• If the acquisition wasn’t enough, we’ve created pop-up offices – a new strategy to tap into growing markets. Our first is in Minneapolis with more to come.
• But it’s not just about expanding into different cities, we’ve entered into new sectors with the launch of our social impact practice in North America and the introduction of an energy practice in the U.K.
• Lastly, and perhaps the crowning glory of the year, was our new brand launch, which was announced just a few weeks ago. The rebrand represents a new vision, new attitude and an ambitious growth strategy on our way to becoming the global challenger agency.
The past year has flown by and we’ve made significant progress. Our ambitions are limitless and we are working as one to build the communications agency of the future.